Saturday, July 18, 2009

Well isn't this just bananas?



I was searching the web the other day and I came across some information that I thought to be rather interesting.
There was a thing on Yahoo, that claims Humans have been opening bananas the wrong way for hundreds of years. You see, Humans tend to open the banana from the stem, and it seems to be really frustraing to pull and twist the stem and in the end the top of the banana is mushy. Who wants to eat a mushy banana anyways? So a team of hispanic researchers studied some monkeys and its turns on that the monkeys were opening bananas the right way for hundreds of years. Who knew?!
When monkeys open banana's they open it from the bottom . Crazy right? Wrong. Turns out that its much simpler to open bananas that way. After watching the video, I still didn't believe it and decided to test it myself. So, I took the banana and pinched the bottom like they did in the video and what do you know, it worked. It was much simpler and way faster. So from now on, I will be opening bananas that way just to save a moment or so. You should try it too and let me know how it works out. C;

1 comment:

  1. I would try it, but I would probably be rendered unconscious. (Not really.) XD

    But oh, them monkeys... What WILL they think of next? XDXDD Lmao.

    ReplyDelete