Monday, July 6, 2009

Camping Trip and the Gettysburg Reenactment

Oh my Spock.
Boy am I glad that camping trip is over.
You see over the 3rd, 4th, and 5th of July I stayed in a tent in Codorus State Park in Hanover Pennyslvania. It was pretty fun. My Uncle and my brother and I all got in a motor boat to go fishing. My brother sat at the front, I sat in the middle, and my Uncle sat in the back to steer. I claimed the post of captain and told my uncle he could be my commanding officer. We went around the lake and stopped to fish for at least an hour...we didn't catch anything but my brother tried to go on a mutiny...which resulted on him falling into the lake. It was great. He deserved it so much though. XD Anyways the next day we went down to the pool area and hung out there for about an hour before going back up to the campsite and eating lunch. My stupid brother started to piss us off so my uncle and I went into a grassy clearing and played with a frisbee. We played fpr a while then went back to the pool for a few hours then night fishing. When night fishing I caught a craw fish and named it Phil. We continued to watch fireworks. The next day it was time to pack up. After taking everything down we drove into Gettysburg.

Each night we were camping we drove down to Gettysburg to watch the reenactment. Ah, what isn't there to love about Gettysburg? Good food, great history, and people walking around in clothes of the 1800's. C:
Anywho, we watched all 3 days of the battle. People shot each other and what not. So great. Well the second day we were there we went into a resturaunt and all of the waitresses wore bustle dresses and talked as if we were in the time of the war. Some told us about the battle and some talked about the whole war. We went to one store that was confederate supporters and some who weren't. All in all my Fourth of July was great fun. :]

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous. XS I wish I got to see more of the east coast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C:
    I shall bring you sometime.

    ReplyDelete