Sunday, July 12, 2009

I saw Jupiter and the Moon! -happy dance- Plus the spotting of a constellation.


SUCCESS!
I have finally seen Jupiter! I feel so accomplished I've always wanted to see Jupiter. I got so lucky to watch the news on July 11th [instead of Harry Potter for a change]. So around..oh lets say...nine thirtyish? I went out side and sat in the middle of the street [not joking when I say that.] with my binoculars and watched the sky intill Jupiter was just to the right of the moon. It was a beautiful sight to see even in it did look just like a star. C:
I am still very estatic about my first sighting of Jupiter though I am very sure that I have seen it before without knowing as well as the night time smile [Venus, Jupiter and the Moon] back in April. Sadly that combination of planets and the moon will not be seen again intill 2052...I hope I am still living to see the sight once more, but that time I will know what I am looking at XD.
Oh and on an up note I have spotted Draco, one of the ten constellations visible in July. It is made of thirteen stars and a lovely sight to see, once I find the USB cord for my camera...I will upload the pictures. [for you Mary! xD] I promise! Intill another spotting, Shae out!

1 comment: